Sunday, August 1, 2010

Trader's Point Creamery

Trader's Point Creamery has been a favorite spot for Joel and I since we moved here 6 years ago. It is an organic, free range, self sustaining dairy farm. They started with hosting an organic farmers market each week, to then adding live music and dinner on their deck, to now being voted the best brunch in Indianapolis Monthly Magazine. Their yogurt won first place in the nation, and their ice cream is delicious. It has been fun to take Camille there, and watch her take delight in the simple, country pleasures with us...complete with chickens running around, and baby cows!
The store and restaurant, along with where they make all their dairy products
Some of their produce
Where the farmers' market, live music, and dinner on the deck takes place every Friday night.
Boathouse and part of the private residence.
Joel and I were invited to a BBQ here a few weekends ago!
I was so excited!!!
Joel, Camille and I were able to go canoeing on this lake. It was so fun!
While we were paddling around, the cows were being moved to the
far pasture and were walking on the path above the pond
Daddy Bull was giving us a warning, complete with stomping his hoof!
He then came right up to us and looked us in the eye...
He sure is proud of his littles
Aren't they so cute!?
A couple of weeks ago, Camille and I were able to see
the one laying down when he was less than 24 hours old!!!
And Camille's Favorite...the chicken coop!
She loves walking up the ramp and looking inside
Camille has no fear! She walks after them and goes under the coop, pointing at them and bocking
She is so fun to watch! Chickens are now her 2nd favorite animal (next to dogs). Her favorite books at home are ones with chickens in them! And if I say chicken, she says, "Bock, Bock"
Too cute!

3 comments:

  1. I so wish we had a place like this near our house. I'm quite jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you blogging fiend! Camille will love looking back at your blog and reading about all the special moments you guys shared together. I wish we could come to farm with you. Emery would love, love, love to hang with Camille again.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thank you!