I have begun the "Sprout Count" on the chalk board in the entryway...9 weeks left! I want to be as ready as I can be when she comes, so I've begun a "To Do" list. I'm a pretty organized person, and one way to help my thoughts, ideas, and to dos stay organized is to write them down. Then I plug them in my daily calendar and I'm not as stressed with all that needs to be done. One of the items I wanted to do was start a blog page. I'm not a big fad follower, but having a blog makes sense to me. Especially with a baby on the way. It allows my family and friends to feel a part of some of the day to day events in our household. You may be wondering what else is on my, "To Do Before Sprout" list....here's a glimpse of a few items....I'm still adding to it, though...
1. Finish sewing the pink gingham curtains in the nursery
2. Make as many frozen meals as I can (with Luke, I had 1 month of meals ready)
3. Meet with and pick a pediatrician we like (any suggestions of questions to ask, or what to look for in picking a pediatrician?)
4. To create a family tree photo wall in our living room that I've been putting off for 2 years now
5. Wash all baby items
6. Have review labor and delivery coaching dates with Joel
7. Update our labor and delivery birth plan for the hospital
8. Finalize nursery wall decorating ideas and complete them
9. Spring clean house
10. Get a pedicure the week of D- day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like you'll be busy in the coming weeks! We're praying for you guys as you count down. :) I'm so glad you joined the "fad" and started a blog. I'll look forward to reading your updates. Love, Emily
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun list of someone ready to welcome little sprout!! I, too am glad you joined the fad! I need to update mine and look forward to reading yours! :) Love you!
ReplyDeletelike emily, I am excited that you started a blog...can't wait to read more! and to just add my two cents to your list, that pedicure is the most important to-do...after baby comes, who knows when you'll get a little pampering in :).
ReplyDeleteYippee!! I was just wondering how you were doing! Now I can stay updated :) You look so great by the way. I loved having a to-do list as well. You'll be happy to have all those things off your mind once little sprout is here!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited that you've started a blog Kelly! And your list sounds very helpful. I must admit that I noted a few of the items to put on mine! Actually, I'm a horrible list maker - instead I operate by a revolving cloud of ideas in my head that I almost never accomplish. But I certainly admire the organized friends in my life! Praying for your final weeks of preparation!
ReplyDeleteOh, I just realized that you also asked a question about the pediatrician. For us, we decided to go with a group because of the convenient hours and ability to be seen quickly as needed. We had the first few appointments with the pediatrician that we interviewed who also happened to follow Nathan when he was in the NICU. Over this first year though, I've found two at the group that I absolutely love, so I schedule our well visits with one of those two. Then sick appointments I'll take whoever is available. Haven't really met any that we haven't liked, but I have the two favorites. Ask friends in the area - referrals are definately the best way. And don't forget, you can always switch if it isn't working out :)
ReplyDeleteKelly -- I bought the exact same pink sweater early on in pregnancy at Kohl's to use as a maternity top and have a belly picture in it, too! Great minds think alike. ;) I think I might copy your to-do list . . . I'm a few weeks further along than you and still have many of those things to accomplish! Happy Baby Preparation!
ReplyDeleteKelly, don't forget to enjoy His many blessings....fresh air, sunsets, etc.! You are truly an amazing woman!
ReplyDeleteHi Kelly, I've enjoyed reading your blog.I'm looking forward to the end of April & seeing you, Joel, and Sprout! Love, Papa
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blog world! It's so much fun. Look forward to reading your posts.
ReplyDeletethanks for inviting me to see your blog! i can't wait to meet your little sprout! if you need company for the pedicure, let me know. :) liz
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping us updated on the last minute preparations and details surrounding "Sprout's" arrival. I'm so glad that you've had a shower! Much love, Gram Gram
ReplyDelete