Friday, December 9, 2011

Lost it!

So, a few weeks ago, I was doing our normal end of the day routine...helping Camille put her toys away, working on dinner, and starting Camille's bath.

I decided to throw some chicken on the grill to use in dinner. As I put the breasts on the grill, I made a mental note that they'd need a few extra minutes to cook since they were frozen.

I bounced around from the kitchen, to where Camille was to keep her on track, and I'm sure I was doing something with Juliet...I can't remember..which is where this post is going!

As I was giving Camille her bath, I smelled something burning, and figured a neighbor was burning some leaves or something...

When Camille was eatting her dinner, I continued to smell smoke, but it didn't jog my memory (she doesn't eat chicken, so her dinner was different)...

Friends, I did our WHOLE ENTIRE EVENING ROUTINE including putting Camille to bed, 1 1/2 hours passed, while that frozen chicken cooked!!! I smelled that burning meat all that time and NEVER remembered I had something on the grill!

It was only when I went to assemble the meal I was making for Joel and me that my memory was triggered. This is what I found...



Granted multitasking has never been something I've been good at, but I have officially lost my mind! Yep, it's gone...probably hanging out with wherever my sleep has disappeared to, as well! 

3 comments:

  1. So funny! I was laughing along with you as I read this post. I completely understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you own up to it! I would probably try to pass it off as Cajun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish that I had been there...I love crispy chicken and cute granddaughters. Love, Mom T

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thank you!