Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Remembering...

Pregnancy brings my thoughts to Luke much more often...


He was my first experience of kicks, punches, hiccups, and sommersaults. Whenever I feel those movements with Thumper, I remember him.

I day dream about the child in my womb...what his personality will be like, what her interests will be, how our family will be forever changed and blessed by him.




I remember my day dreams of Luke. I remember all the prayers over his life, the joy of his anticipated arrival, and the imagined experiences we would have together.

Those day dreams remain, and are still joyfully anticipated when I am called Home.

I am thankful for the time I got to know him, pray for him, and dream of him in my womb.

I am thankful for the opportunity to be reminded of him with each movement I feel of Thumper. He and Thumper share a commonality...both of them like to kick my ribs! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a heartfelt post. Thank you for sharing. Your three kids are so blessed to have you as their mommy. I am so thankful for our Heavenly Father who is watching over your sweet Luke and caring for Him until the day that you two are reunited! I am so thankful for the HOPE we have in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Kelly! I love the pictures of you carrying Thumper and Luke. Praying for you these last few days/weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and counting down days with ya. I'm even checking Facebook daily to see if anything has happened yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Kelly. Your faith throughout the past 4 years has been inspiring. Thank you for being an example of clinging to God's promises despite life's circumstances!! Carlie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thank you!