
This week has been a joyful one for me! A lot has been going on, fun times with friends, good report on Camille, special time at home with Joel...it's been a bit overly busy, too!
Joel's is officially self employed. His last day working at our church was a week ago. He has no job leads yet, so is making Thorp Law LLC his full time job right now. I have really enjoyed having him at home. Even though he is working in his office most of the time, we do have lunch together and he will spend some time interacting with Camille when we're having play time. Joel is my best friend, and it is so nice to spend more time together and have no commute eating up our time together.
Yesterday and today have been special friend times. Yesterday, I was invited to my friend Michelle's house for a pool play date. She has 2 boys that are 3, and then a mutual friend of ours over that has a 3 year old boy and a 6 month old girl. I wasn't really sure how our time would go since we needed to drive 20 minutes, then we were getting wet, and would be up past nap time. Camille was awesome! No tears there, she was content with me holding her and dangling her feet in the water, and she fell asleep in the car on the way home with minimal crying. So Fun yesterday, thanks Michelle!
Today I was able to spend 3 hours with my dear college friend, Christin, and her son, Will. I picked them up from the airport. Went to lunch at our favorite place from college: Noodles and Company, and then I took them to Trader's Point Creamery to see the baby cows, free range chickens, and eat some of their yummy ice cream. The time past way to quickly. Camille stayed awake for a record time...yes, she was practically awake our whole 4 1/2 hour outing. There was crying in the car, but she was great when we were at the restaurant and farm. Poor Will had to sit next to her in the car. He was a trooper.
Tomorrow I am going to Agape and horse back riding! Joel is fulfilling one last work responsibility. His senior citizen group from church is touring Agape for a few hours. We will be joining them. None of my co-workers have met her yet. Then I'm heading over to my friend Jeanne's house (she used to work at Agape, taught me how to ride a horse, practically gave me all my maternity clothes and baby things, and still gives me riding lessons). It has been a year since I've ridden a horse, and I can hardly wait. It will be another LONG day for Camille, but I think she'll like the new sights, sounds, smells, and change in our day to day routine.
Camille had her 4 month well check up. Has jumped from the 25th%- 35th% in weight and is still in the 75th% for height. She looks great and the doctor was pleased with some of her advanced skills. I am no longer stressing over her eating, either.
So, as you can see this week has been unusually busy for me, but oh so good for my spirit. I thank the Lord for these blessings!
So good to read this post Kelly! I'm glad you girls are having so much fun! Sounds like you're thriving, rather that just surviving. I'll be praying for Joel's work situation.
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of you and her in the water...but you said she doesn't like the water? Maybe it's the whole thing with it being too cold. I remember her mother had a problem with that as well - ahem ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat fun to get together with Christin!
Fun Fun!!! She's growing so much.... and you're doing great, of course. Glad to hear such a wonderful update :)
ReplyDelete