Who would have thought sleep deprivation would hit 7 weeks after Camille was born, but it has...for both Mommy and baby.


Right around our vacation time, Camille started to cry a lot more and just be cranky as a whole. This was most unusual from her naturally content self. I felt badly that all the family members were seeing her at her worst. I really couldn't figure it out. She was sleeping well at night, but crying much more during the day, and refusing to go down...we had to hold her all the time...sleeping and awake!
Once we got home and I saw that it was continuing, I referred to my baby Bible, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I read that around the 6 week mark babies become fussier. They are becoming more socially aware and as a result fight off sleep. Then they become sleep deprived. I read the symptoms (pulling hair, violent crying, not sleeping well) and could answer yes to all of them. It even was affecting her eating. She'd be so upset, she couldn't latch on.
So, this past week, I've bunkered down at home and have really been focusing on getting Camille back to her happy self. It took a day or two to get her sleeping better, but praise the Lord, she is now! And, she's sleeping in her crib during the day!
I don't know why it has hit me so hard, but I've been really tired this week, too. I've been falling asleep when rocking Camille. And my attempts get thrown out the window when I jolt back awake and startle her. It is kinda funny looking back at it, but oh so frustrating when it happens. I was so tired yesterday, I napped with Camille laying on my chest. She woke up earlier than I wanted, but when I opened my eyes, I saw her bright, sapphire blue eyes looking at me and the biggest cheeky grin ever. Such a precious moment!
I keep praying this sleep streak will continue! Here are some pictures of a happy, well rested Camille Faith!
i love her already. what a sweet grin
ReplyDeleteYou have to wonder if there is a reason that this "fussy peak" and smiling come right around the same time. You get frustrated and tired and then that little smile makes it all worth it!
ReplyDelete